Thursday, January 21, 2010

Now that THAT'S over with...

Okay. So life has finally slowed down just enough for me to try to write a little again. I am unemployed, finished with my B.A., living in a new town, and married. That's pretty much all that has changed since I last blogged.
And so here I am, sitting in a Panera Bread cafe in Oak Ridge, TN, struggling to hear myself think over the dozens of business men and women schmoozing with their clients, and trying to plan out an appropriate course of action for the next week or so.
Well, I guess that's sort of true. What I'd really like to do is have something insightful (or at least entertaining) to write on here. I need an outlet to keep me somewhat sane. Sitting in that apartment all day is giving me cabin fever. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being a "little Holly homemaker," at least for the time being, but there is only so much housework that needs to get done. And to tell the truth, I'm depressing myself just thinking about all of the shows I've watched via hulu in the last 3 days. I've pretty much caught myself up on House, M.D. and Family Guy. I'm awaiting a call from Applebee's, they claim to be "desperate for servers," but I haven't gotten a call back after a week. I've basically given up on that one.
Oak Ridge is a nice town, but the job market here stinks. The town is mostly residential, and most of the jobs are either government jobs, highly professional, or taken by high school students. It looks like I'm going to have to commute to Knoxville if I want to work.
Well, I'm tired of typing for now. Hopefully, there will be more to come. And I promise, once I get all of my "life updates" out here, I'll try really hard to start "edu-taining" my audience of 4 followers once again. Here's to hoping...

No comments: